I’m sure you remember times when you’ve experienced what we call a “second wind.” It may come late in the evening when suddenly you get a burst of energy, perhaps allowing you to stay up later than normal, or when you’re feeling exhausted during a rigorous workout and for no apparent reason you’re breathing returns to normal and the fatigue evaporates.
As it happens, there’s good news for those of us in Act 2.5. AOL – Lifestyle published the results of a new study from Exodus Travels revealing Americans get their “second wind” at age 56. In addition, of the two-thousand people surveyed, 75% believe that age is just a number and 64% admit to being more adventurous and daring after they turned 50.
Another positive is that 48% say they have more fun now than they did when they were in their 20s. The survey also showed that 7 in 10 people gained a new zest for life after the half century mark.
So the next time someone remarks that you’re “over the hill,” inwardly smile – for you know differently. Enjoy this new act by following a few simple steps to allow you to make the most of of this time in your life.
- Embrace this new act of your life. Be kinder to yourself by not letting age define you.
- Maintain your well-being by eating healthy, exercising and getting regular check-ups.
- Join that cause that’s been on your mind – your wisdom and ideas will be necessary tools to help you achieve success.
- Keep networking both at work and home. Engaging with those outside your “friend circle” will keep you current and relevant as well as connected.
- Travel – explore places both at home and abroad. Take photographs, make new friends and be adventurous.
Remind yourself that this is the perfect time in your life to really live!